There is no other zoo like Australia Zoo! Through the love, passion, and devotion of both Steve and Terri Irwin, Australia Zoo is able to educate and share with you the magnificent, often threatened, or sometimes even threatening wildlife of the world. Bringing you up close and personal with some of the worlds most misunderstood and feared animals (as well as the cute and cuddliest), so that you can share and learn, appreciate and understand.
Things to Do at Australia Zoo:
- Check out our Wildlife Warriors 101 wildlife shows daily
- See the massive Saltwater crocodiles launch their strike from the waters - truly amazing
- Be cuddled by a giant python and have the photo to prove it
- Pat an Australia icon in our interactive Koala walk-through exhibit
- See our playful Tigers in the southern hemisphere only underwater viewing enclosure for big cats, at Tiger Temple
- Grab a bag of roo food and help feed the amazing red and grey kangaroos
- Take your little tots over to the Kids Zoo animals for all day feedings
- Meet and play with Cootha, our giant 50 foot hand crafted crocodile
- See and interact with well over 1000 animals, including the World's 10 Most Venomous Snakes
- The daily demonstrations take on a whole new dimension when the keepers actually interact with the wildlife, from giant snakes to hungry crocodiles.
Whether you would like to see the Otters catching their own fish, or meet them up close and personal, plan on spending the entire dayto experience all the full-on action and adventure! You can even get cozy with some of our wandering wildlife as keepers introduce you to snakes, koalas, camels, tortoises, alligators, lizards and more!
- Free car parking
- Disabled parking
- Disabled amenities
- EFTPOS and ATMs
- Parents' nursing rooms
- Toddler seats in bathroom stalls for parents' convenience
- FREE rides, including two jumping castles, giant trampoline and teacup ride
- Two shaded playgrounds
- Drinking fountains
- Phone card and coin-operated telephones
- Information Desk offering information on Australia Zoo, the local area and other Queensland attractions
- Complimentary map of Australia Zoo / information brochure on arrival
- Directional and informational signage throughout Zoo
Dining Facilities include:
- Two-storey, 1500-seat, open-air Feeding Frenzy Foodcourt
- Dingo Diner
- Three kiosks
- Beverage and ice cream vendors throughout Zoo grounds
- Drink and confectionary machines
This zoo has many shows arranged. Steve Irvin is a hero in all respects! His wife and kids are following thier footsteps! It was a wonderful visit. All animals are well kept. The elephants feeding, birds feeding, the koalas, the kangaroo feeding, the tiger, the snakes, the crocodile show, each thing was really fun!
Review Rating: 9 / 10
The Crocoseum show is unbelievable and I would be happy to pay the admission charge just to watch this show alone. The whole site is extremely tidy and well kept and unlike so many of these type of facility the toilets etc. are absolutely spotless. Well done Australia zoo, what a shame the "main man" is no longer around to enjoy and be proud of what he was so instrumental in building.
Review Rating: 8 / 10